Now Is The Time
There has never been a better time in history of the world when it has been easier to start your own business.
That’s a bold claim and absolutely true.
The reason it’s true, is the Internet.
It can make starting a business quick, simple and inexpensive
- Your start-up costs are low compared to an offline business or franchise
- Your overhead can be ridiculously low
- Your profit margins can be astronomical
- Your business operation headaches can be almost non-existent compared to running a tradition business
- Your business headquarters can be anywhere..your home..on the beach..mountain retreat…etc.
- Your lifestyle can be anything you want
- Your destiny is under your control
Notice the word uses in these statements. “YOUR”
Affiliate Marketing is a business, a business controlled buy You.
You have a million dollar business, an international business a product business, a service business or anything type of business that meets your desires.
And with any business come cost and headaches, ups and downs. Knowing this helps you understand that these issues are unavoidable.
What Is Affiliate Marketing?
A simple definition is:
Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular ways people make money online and for some it can be a passive income once you are established.
It is a business strategy where an individual (you) partners with a business (or an Affiliate Marketing Company) in order to make a commission by referring potential customers or visitors to a business’s product’s or service. That’s a simple explanation. To be successful at making money with affiliate marketing there is a little more to it.
In the case of blogging, a blogger will become an affiliate of a selected company or an affiliate marketing company, and make money from being an affiliate by placing a link, button or banner within a blog post that will lead the potential customer to that affiliate products or services.
Someone interested in starting an affiliate marketing business will click on the Banner and be taken to, in this case to Wealthy Affiliate.
The way affiliate marketing works: Should anyone become a member, the referring party (me) will earn a commission from Wealthy Affiliate.
Another example, is you maybe interested in weight loss as an affiliate to a weight loss company. You simply place a link in your blog article to that company. Should a potential customer click on the link and purchase a product, the company will pay you a commission. Example (nonworking link:)
https://www.self.com/weight-loss (with your affiliate id).
That’s a lot more difficult to answer. Why? Because not everyone is cut out to start affiliate marketing.
This is a question that many people find themselves asking when they are first looking at all the different money making opportunities online. With so many potential opportunities for making money on the internet it’s hard to decide which one is the best for your own individual situation.
Here are a few reason why affiliate marketing is a great business opportunity:
- No or low start-up cost: You can basically start affiliate marketing with little or no cash. The only upfront investment that you’ll be making is by using your own effort. In other words the amount of hard work that you put into starting up your business.
- You Don’t Really Need A Website To Start Affiliate Marketing? There are quite a few ways to begin affiliate marketing right this minute without spending a single dime. For example, you can use the blogging platforms to start writing about your niche topic and you can then refer you readers to the items that they may want to buy so that you can get a commission.
- No Need To Create Your Own Product. Creating a product can be daunting to newer marketers. You have to learn all sorts of things – niche research, product creation through multi media platforms, how to launch a website and create high-converting sales copy, and more.
Plus, there’s no production costs involved – like paying for graphics, launching on a paid platform, and paying for a tool that delivers your product to the target audience.
With affiliate marketing, you’re not burdened by all of these inconveniences. All you’re doing is being the middleman.
- Affiliate Marketing is Newbie Friendly and Easy To Master. You don’t have to be technical to start an affiliate marketing business. All you need some basic knowledge. You can even Google or YouTube Affiliate Marketing and find hundreds of way to get started.
One of the easier ways is Blogging.
Blogging is simple. Create a presents with WordPress and start posting articles on your product. You’re basically going to pick a name and URL for your blog and start publishing posts.
- No Need To Worry About Customer Service. One of the most time consuming tasks when selling online is handling emails and requests from customers. They may have download issues, need clarification about the product, or want other help.
As an affiliate, none of that is your problem. It all rests on the shoulders of the product creator. It’s their job to handle the customer once you send them there, so you can continue working on what matters most – locating and converting new customers.
There are many different ways to market affiliate programs, depending on your technical expertise. You must also think about the product you are selling and the target audience you hope to attract.
And what about joining an affiliate marketing company’s affiliate program? A good reputable company will have training, support, strategies, and ongoing courses to help you with your business.